Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life

So I guess I haven't posted in a while...kind-of because I think I was having a hard time and it was kind-of hard to talk about I guess. Anyone reading this blog prob already knows, but we got a house and then we lost it. We have been looking for house since April and have put it about 35 offers and got accepted on only one offer (I guess actually two, but we were never under contract on the other- it was only by the seller, not the bank). We were really excited because we loved the house- the sellers just wanted to change the closing time amount from 45 days to 35 in their counteroffer to us. We signed the counter, but the sellers WHO WERE IN CONTRACT WITH US accepted a whole new offer that was a lower price than ours because it was all cash. So yeah...it's completely illegal, but the sellers are realtors themselves, so they know they can do that and it would take soo much work and money on our part to make it right by putting a lien on the house or sue them. We were heart-broken and furious, but quickly realized we couldn't do anything because we're poor. Also, after talking to Austin's dad about the situation, we felt better about our idea that maybe Heavenly Father was/is trying to tell us that this is not the right time for us to buy a house. So...we have decided for now that that dream will be put on hold. If the tax credit gets extended to next year, we'll reevaluate if we want to go through all this crap again. Anyways...sorry this post is such a downer- I'll try to post another one that is happier. I promise I'm doing much better, as this was about two weeks ago, btw.

3 comments:

  1. Don't be sorry for being a downer, we are all allowed to feel down whenever we do feel down. I am sorry about the house. That is terrible. I have found that while house shopping in this market you tend to see the worst in humanity.

    I am sending lots of love your way... hope you can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie, why are you not sleeping? Or is it Macy that is not sleeping? What's your deal, yo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I keep on wanting to tell you that there is a duplex on the corner of Park Hyland and Balhan that has a lease sign on it. I don't know what they are asking for rent or even if it's just one side or what and it isn't with our same rental guy. But, you might want to call and find out what rent might be, but then again moving is a pain and big down payment are a pain too. Anyway, thought I would tell you while I was remembering. (sorry for the really long comment hope you had a good sunday)

    ReplyDelete